Yale University Investments Office 2012 Recruiting
Position: Investment Analyst
Compensation: Competitive salary and bonus, as well as substantial benefits
For those interested in investing, this position is a job unlike any other in finance. In contrast to many more narrowly defined positions on Wall Street, Analysts in the Investments Office gain exposure to a wide variety of asset classes and interact with the world's best investment managers. Analysts have the opportunity to work closely with Chief Investment Officer David Swensen and Senior Director Dean Takahashi. With a staff of twenty professionals, the Investments Office manages Yale's multi-billion Endowment, employing a broadly diversified portfolio of U.S. stocks, U.S. bonds, foreign stocks, real estate, leveraged buyouts, venture capital, and alternative investment strategies. The Yale Investments Office has widely recognized expertise in identifying and working with the world's top investors and is renowned for its creativity and innovation in the world of institutional investing, both of which have contributed to market-leading returns over the past twenty years.
Depending on work demands and degree of interest, an Investment Analyst will receive broad exposure to all aspects of the investment process and all facets of Yale's portfolio. The responsibilities of an Investment Analyst will include:
- Analyze Endowment management issues including investment objectives, allocation of assets among different investment strategies, investment performance, and ethical investments policy.
- Assist in the screening, selection, and monitoring of investment managers through background research, manager meetings, and portfolio analysis.
- Track and monitor Endowment transactions and performance.
- Conduct research and analysis and prepare information on a variety of investment topics, ranging from strategic global allocations to using financial instruments to manage market exposures.
- Help structure and negotiate deal terms with managers and other counterparties.
To learn more about the Yale Investments Office and how it manages the University Endowment, please read our annual report.
Our next full-time recruiting process will begin September 2013. If you have any questions before then, please contact Sebastian Serra at firstname.lastname@example.org